BabyQuest 2005

Join Leah and me down our journey to parenthood: From thoughts about and plans to conceive, to worries and anxiety and doctor's visits.....We want to give a candid look at the process of God blessing us with a son.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Weekend Update

Not much going on this weekend in baby world, but there were some minor developments.

I think that Leah and I are much closer to a name, which means that he'll move from "him" or stuff like "when he gets here", to having a name. It's not "official" at this point, and I guess it won't be officially official until he arrives and the birth certificate is applied for, but we're pretty close. We just keep gravitating towards it, and some random informal surveys seem to agree. But we'll see.

His grandparents from Louisville were in town and stopped by Friday night to see his room. They had spent a couple of nights in Tunica (one of my cousins works there) and even ventured across the street to the outlets. So our little man is now the proud owner of "My First Tool Box" (which is absolutely adorable, I might add, but not from Snap-On, which I'd expect from my dad) and some cool clothes from Osh Kosh. Dad and Mary still haven't decided what their 'names' will be for the baby (e.g., Big Poppy, Grand Meemaw-licious, etc.), or I'd be using those names. They loved the room, and they were pretty amazed that we already had a lot of the stuff that we do. The closet isn't exactly full, and neither are all of the drawers of the furniture, but they're all getting there. Let us get a shower or two behind us, and we'll be close. : )

When I stop to think about it, it really is hard to believe that in 3 month's time, give or take a few days, our baby will be here. Today we just kinda bummed around the house and did some cleaning. Made a quick trip to the grocery store. A few minutes ago, we sat out on our patio, in our swing. All of these simple things will be entirely different when he arrives. I told Leah when we were getting the bascart, that in a few months, there will be an infant carrier on the Kroger basket, and somebody like me will be making silly-sounding googling noises in an attempt to communicate to his little world. Will I succeed?--only he will know for sure. Kristi and Joe have already told us to expect to be spread thin. Little sleep. Cold dinners. Impromptu naps. But I know this for sure--we're almost there, and can hardly wait.

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELL?! What names are you tossing around that are so close?!?! Don't hold out on us...we wanna know!!

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Oooh, lemme guess. Um, McNair Russell? Shane? Eddie?

I'm pretty sure there won't be any Lorenzen Russell, at least.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Eric C said...

Leah was voting for Frank Wycheck Russell, and I was going for Lorenzen Battier Jerry West Logo Russell. So I'm not sure where we'll end up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home