BabyQuest 2005

Join Leah and me down our journey to parenthood: From thoughts about and plans to conceive, to worries and anxiety and doctor's visits.....We want to give a candid look at the process of God blessing us with a son.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Our Time is Short

I've heard via the grapevine that a few readers check here on doctor appointment days to get an update, and I suppose that sometimes I inadvertently let them down by not providing it. So let me not disappoint today.

As is our preference, we had the first appointment of the day--8:30. As a matter of fact, we usually get there a few minutes early and the waiting room doors are locked. This morning, we were actually there with a 20-something girl with whom we struck up a conversation about pending parenthood, etc. Then they signed in, and Leah commented to her that they had the same first name, and they shared, "Me too!" moments about frequent mispronunciations. The other Leah then mentioned that she worked at a bank as a teller. Leah R. said, "Really--which one? I work at a bank too." BancorpSouth. Turns out that this girl has relocated from Hernando or something and has just started working at their East Memphis branch. Kinda cool that Leah met a co-worker that she didn't know previously. Which could really apply to either one of them, I guess.

Anyway, on to the update. Leah was called back an in her exam room probably by 8:40 or 8:45. Dr. Bannister was actually pretty quick to arrive this morning, and then she listened for the heartbeat that is now much stronger than when we listened to it 25 weeks ago for the very first time. Leah is dialated 2-3 cm, and noticeably more so than last week. So no significant change, but Dr. B did note a distinct difference. If I was medically trained to do so, or wanted to be really graphic, I suppose I would somehow explain all this, but I choose not to. Mainly because I just take the doc's word and be done with it. She is also 50% effaced, so the cervix is halfway as thin as it needs to be for delivery.

We've done some walking this week....the mall, Target (2 of them), the Tunica outlet, and Kohl's. Even if that doesn't push Nicholas "over the edge" (or through the canal), hopefully it will make things a bit easier when the 21st arrives.

3 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

So was the other Leah in the room cute? Oh, wait, you probably meant she was pregnant, didn't you? Drat.

Nowadays, I'm not checking here for an appointment update, I'm full expecting that one of the times I click here I'll see the birth announcement. Get on with it already!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Eric C said...

Actually, being that this is an OB/GYN practice, not all visitors are there for the obstetrics (i.e, pregnancy)-related stuff, but rather the more general and less life-altering gynecology subject matter. Based on a couple of things, I don't think she was prego.

I'm not sure how descriptive/complimentary I can be to her, being that this is a blog about my kid and all. But I think Leah (the one with me) would agree that she was somewhere between cute and attractive. She seemed to have a sweet disposition, Jeff, so maybe you should get "lost" the next time you're in Memphis and find your way to the BancorpSouth on Poplar. I'll tell Leah R. to put in a good word for you. : )

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

Yeah, I can see how that works:

"Welcome to BancorpSouth. Can I help you sir?"

"No thanks, just looking."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home