BabyQuest 2005

Join Leah and me down our journey to parenthood: From thoughts about and plans to conceive, to worries and anxiety and doctor's visits.....We want to give a candid look at the process of God blessing us with a son.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Banner Blues

You know how you get those ideas in your head which seem really simple, yet when you embark on the trip to accomplish your task, it turns out to be a really, really big deal?

We've got one of those banner flag poles on our porch....it extends horizontally from a square column. We've got an American flag, a Grizzlies one, a holiday one, a golf-themed one, etc. We thought it would be simple to find one that announces a baby's arrival.....Maybe a very basic "It's a Boy!" type. Obviously it's not one that we'd fly every year, but isn't this event about being giddy and celebrating the occasion? Heck, I've seen wedding ones, and that would fall into the same category. To me, anyhow, it seemed like it wouldn't be that hard to find. As if.

As it stands now, we've been to the following places, all without success: Target, Lowe's, American Flag and Flagpole, Party City, PartyLand, Old Time Pottery, and Garden Ridge. Strike 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7. Lowe's had SOME selection, but all were holiday oriented except one "Welcome" one. Garden Ridge said that they usually have a section, but Christmas stuff had displaced it. Well excuse me for having a kid in November. The flag place actually had a "It's a Girl" one, and when I inquired about placing an order, the response I got was, "Well, we haven't ordered Christmas stuff from them yet, so check back in 3-4 weeks." Sorry lady, I ain't got that kind of time. Even an eBay and internet search doesn't really turn anything up.

So, anybody wanna buy into my new business venture? What do you think? Babybanners.biz seems to be available . . . Now all I need to do is find a supplier--one that obviously doesn't sell to Target, Party City, Old Time Pottery, etc. Anybody? I'll give you a portion if you catch the vision with me . . . I think this will be good, because it's obviously an untapped market.

1 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

Like this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home