BabyQuest 2005

Join Leah and me down our journey to parenthood: From thoughts about and plans to conceive, to worries and anxiety and doctor's visits.....We want to give a candid look at the process of God blessing us with a son.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Showertime

The funny thing about wedding and baby showers is that you want them, and can't wait to have them, but you don't exactly plan them yourself. I kinda always thought that having a housewarming party was much the same--akin to saying something like, "I'm throwing a shindig for all you folks to come over, congratulate me, and bring me presents." I was even asked a couple of weeks ago by somebody, "When are you'll gonna have a baby shower?" I was like, "I don't know--I'm not planning it." I guess it could be done, but something about the "Given by: Self" line of the invitation might turn people off.

Over the last week or so, 3 showers have been put on the calendar. I guess all of our friends/co-workers/relatives/sunday school class members got together and decided to call off the conspiracy to let our baby go unrecognized. : ) So as it stands now, we are having one at my office on a Thursday, another one given by family on that Sunday, and yet another one given by our sunday school class on the following Sunday. So while you all are loving fall festivals, planning Halloween (or "Harvest" time, for any politically correct readers), or even thinking about Thanksgiving, we'll be organizing our loot. That's right--3 baby-providing and ego-boosting parties in 11 day's time. Wow. To that end, we spent Wednesday night at Babies R Us (OK, not the entire night, but it almost felt like it) making sure our registry had the things and quantities that we wanted, and deleting the stuff that we decided we didn't. We probably need to do the same thing at Target, but my wife can't be taken in there without costing me at least $50.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger Jeff said...

How come baby shopping lists for showers always include stuff like sheets and bottles? Those will come in spades. Ask for stuff for you and Leah, like ear plugs?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home