BabyQuest 2005

Join Leah and me down our journey to parenthood: From thoughts about and plans to conceive, to worries and anxiety and doctor's visits.....We want to give a candid look at the process of God blessing us with a son.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Every Rose Has Its Thorn

First of all, I have NO idea why in the &%$#@ I produced the name of a song from 80's rock band Poison for the title to this entry. It might have to do with my Sirius satellite radio, and the fact that I recently heard the song on Sirius 23 - Hair Nation. But I digress.

My original post for the day was simply to document that Leah began dose 1, month 1 of her fertility medicine today. Let the calendar games begin!! Based on hormone levels, I don't think she's too optimistic about 1st month chances, but I guess stranger things have happened. But as I said, that was origially gonna be the only thing I had to blog about. Until she got to work and got "Breaking News"........

Her friend and co-worker, Stacy, announced in their weekly meeting that she was prego. Uh oh. Here we go again. More of the "It's not fair!" exclamation. This will be their first child also; they got married less than 3 months after we did. It's kinda cool actually--Leah and her kinda have parallel lives: they are only 1 year apart in age, they started working at BancorpSouth within a few months of each other, we got engaged within a few months of each other, and our wedding days were 84 days apart. Oh yeah, and they both hold the same position--Customer Service Rep. And both of them have husbands in their 30's (at opposite ends of the decade, however.....Smile Mikeee!) . Stacy has had some medical issues of her own, so over the last year, her emotions have run the gamut of "There's a slim chance I may not be able to have children" to the ecstasy of the last few days and the coming weeks/months. Congrats, Mike and Stacy!......I'm looking forward to parking our strollers together.

A lady that I work with--who told me "I understand what you're going through--I've been going through it for 17 years"--pretty much made me realize that no comforting words, no promise of divine wisdom, no speculation as to a greater plan, will ease the hurt and frustration. Nothing. Which is frustrating. You know, the whole "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade stuff." So maybe I shouldn't say anything and just let Leah work through her own emotions. Something tells me, though, that her getting pregnant is the ONLY cure for what ails her.

The beauty of these situations is that in both cases--Stacy as well as Kristi--the drug Clomid accomplished what it's supposed to do. I've always heard that people die in 3's--let's hope that babies are born in 3's, too. Cause that means we're on deck.

ECR

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home